This Penn State nightmare is more disturbing on many levels than I care to imagine.
1. You have an assistant coach who was caught in the act of sodomizing a 10 year old boy in the shower room at the stadium.
2. What did the chicken shit who witnessed it do? Calls his mother and then reports it the next day. Why the hell didn’t this former football player immediately beat Sandusky into a coma?
3. Once officials were notified what did they do? Well, they didn’t report it to the police, they turned a blind eye and told Sandusky not to bring underage boys to the field anymore.
4. Over the past weekend the story broke on the national stage, and when it was clear high up people, including Joe Paterno, knew what happened…we got a lot of talk.
5. People assemble to support their legendary coach, but the controversy leads him to decide to retire at the end of the season.
6. I get coffee at work and see on TV, ESPN pundits discussing the situation. Here is the bad part, Kirk Herbstreit is actually defending Paterno staying on until the end of the season. This jerk off, Herbstreit, was concerned about the poor players losing their coach with only three games left, and it affecting their chance at a title. What kind of a twisted bastard is this Herbstreit.
7. Later I hear from the next shift manager, that Paterno and the university president were both fired. Amen, it only took almost three days AFTER everyone found out Paterno knew about it, for him to lose his job.
8. I get home from work at midnight to see on the news that a couple hundred students were protesting Paterno being fired. It was a peaceful gathering though, only a handful of smashed windows and a news van turned over.
Seriously, what the hell is wrong with our culture? Winning is so important that an assistant coach who had been sodomizing boys for years is given a pass. A media that is more worried about the players losing their coach, and students rioting in support the “legendary” head coach when he is finally fired.
How about that boy in the shower room, how about the seven others that we know about? Anyone seem to be overly concerned with what they endured? Nope, we have to win! And we can’t mar the career of our legendary coach. Guess what Joe, you are going out in disgrace…well maybe not in the minds of the sports media and your loser students.
If I was the father of one of those boys, I would make sure Sandusky had to eat from a feeding tube for the rest of his life…and maybe a few others would sustain some collateral damage.
Now to go scrub my brain.